Why is Placenta Encapsulation Beneficial?
The placenta is an amazing organ that is created to nourish your baby while they are in utero. After the birth, it has been found that it can also help nourish the mother as well as she recovers from labor and delivery. Full of minerals, vitamins, and hormones, consuming your placenta can help restore those lost after birth.
Your body goes through a lot during pregnancy and birth. After the baby is born, you need all the help you can get to rebalance your hormones and make up for the loss of vital minerals.
Consuming your placenta can help you recover faster, help with post-partum depression and allow you to have more energy as you take care of your little one. This natural practice has been done for centuries by ancient cultures.
How Our Placenta Encapsulation Services Work
Most new mothers prefer that their placentas be encapsulated because pills are easy to consume. After your birth, pick up of your placenta will be arranged. Your placenta will be handled with much care and respect as it is prepared for you by a specialist that is certified in both Blood Borne Pathogens and Food Handling. Within 72 hours the capsules will be delivered to you, along with instructions. Follow up communication through calls and texts will help you through your postpartum period and any questions you may have.
Why should I take placenta capsules?
Your baby’s placenta, contained in capsule form, is believed to:
- Contain your own natural hormones
- Be perfectly made for you
- Balance your system
- Replenish depleted iron
- Give you more energy
- Lessen bleeding postnatally
- Been shown to increase milk production
- Help you have a happier postpartum period
- Hasten return of uterus to pre-pregnancy state
- Be helpful during menopause
Some of the things the placenta can help with:
- Preventing and lessening the risk of postpartum depression or ‘baby blues’
- Replenishing your iron from blood loss during birth and to prevent postpartum anemia
- Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin long after your birth euphoria ends
- Providing the HPL hormone to help establish early and healthy milk supply
- To stabilize your ever-changing hormones post birth
- To replenish your B vitamins and energy that
wereused during the labor and birthing process
- Protection from infection and bleeding due to retained placenta tissue or membranes
- Offer natural pain relief from the labor and birth of the baby
Lists of Placenta Encapsulation Services
- Raw Encapsulation: This method will create a very nutrient and hormone dense capsule and create a high yield. It is not recommended if you have a history of anxiety, the jitters, insomnia or bipolar tendencies. $200.00
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Method (Steamed) Encapsulation: This method dims down the hormonal potency while offering other benefits. Some of the nutrients, which would otherwise be discarded, will be converted to be absorbed. $200.00
- Tincture: Get the benefits of placenta capsules in a more stable shelf-life presentation. A small amount of the placenta sits in alcohol for about 6 weeks. This
createa tincture that can be used the same way the pills are but lasta very long time. If your baby is a girl, she can take it when she hits menstruation, or you can save it for when you are going through menopause. $45.00
- Placenta Print: This keepsake can be done on acid-free paper or on canvas. Colored designs are also available and able to be customized. Placenta print on paper $35.00 Placenta print on canvas $50.00 Add color $10.00
- Custom umbilical cord keepsake: Depending on the size of your umbilical cord, a keepsake with words like the baby’s name, “love” or whatever short word you’d like may be able to be made.
OtherwiseI shape the cord into a heart free of charge. $15.00
*Discount offered for Doula Clients
Contact For More Details
Check out our Event Calendar for the Entire Class Schedule